Locality: South West
Type of Care: Community
All dermatological issues (excluding 2ww) are referred to our Community Provider – About Health – via eRS. They will triage the referral and assign it to the appropriate clinic whether this is within their community service, the Single Lesion Identification Clinic (SLIC) or an acute provider.
- The 2ww skin pathway remains unchanged.
- Primary Care would be expected to try first line treatments before referring into the community service. If you require specific guidance on a treatment you can obtain this by requesting Advice and Guidance via the West Hampshire CCG Community Dermatology Service (South-West) – Assessment Service
- On your referrals please ensure you state the size, location and recent changes of any lesion/s that requires attention.
Useful dermatology websites for guidance:
- British Association of Dermatologists: http://www.bad.org.uk/
- Primary Care Dermatology Society: http://www.pcds.org.uk/