South west community dermatology service update
All dermatological issues (excluding 2ww) can now be referred to our Community Provider – About Health. They will triage the referral and assign it to the appropriate clinic whether this is within their community service, for SLIC or an acute provider. The 2ww skin pathway remains unchanged
All referrals will be on ers:
- For south west practices that are part of the Referral Support Service, on ERS the referral form is called WHCCG Referral Support Service Dermatology (11a)
- For South West GP Practices they are not part of the Referral Support Service the service on ers is called: West Hampshire CCG Community Dermatology Service (South-West) – Assessment Service
- Dermatology Advice and Guidance will also be available via the West Hampshire CCG Community Dermatology Service (South-West) – Assessment Service. Please use this as your first point of contact for Advice and guidance.
Points to note:
- Primary Care would be expected to try first line treatments before referring into the community service. If you require specific guidance on a treatment you can obtain this by requesting advice and guidance via the West Hampshire CCG Community Dermatology Service (South-West) – Assessment Service
- On your referrals please ensure you state the size, location and recent changes of any lesion/s that requires attention.
- DXS holds useful guidance notes regarding dermatological issues.
- Useful dermatology websites for guidance:
If you have any questions regarding the service please contact:
Rebecca Hebditch – About Health Service Manager – West Hampshire Rebecca.email@example.com
Rachel Burden – Service Development Manager – South West – West Hampshire CCG Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org