19.3.20 Latest NHS England advice
On 19 March 2020, NHS England published the third in a series of updates to general practice regarding the COVID-19 situation and a copy can be found here/attached. This letter outlined the next steps for general practice in response to COVID-19. The letter describes 6 urgent priorities for service implications.
- Moving to a total triage system.
- Agree which practice premises will be used to deliver face to face services
- Undertake remote care where possible
- Prepare for increase on home visiting
- Prioritise support for particular groups of patients at high risk
- Build cross practice resilience and help staff stay safe
The letter also the measures being introduced to free up capacity and protect income. The letter provides the details and any queries should be directed to local CCG teams in the usual way.