Stoma Care Accessories Summary
Download the latest Formulary file: Download
Medicines are reviewed for inclusion through the Basingstoke, Southampton and Winchester District Prescribing Committee (DPC). The main aim of the DPC is to ensure that there is a consistent approach to prescribing the most effective, safest and cost-effective medicines across the local healthcare community. The CCG Medicines Optimisation Clinical Steering Group discusses and endorses the recommendations of the DPC and these are then incorporated into the formulary.
This formulary provides a list of medicines recommended for routine prescribing or those available under certain criteria. Patients stabilised on other therapies may be switched to a formulary drug if and when clinically appropriate.
It is recognised that in the best interests of patient care there will be situations when medicines that are not on the formulary may be required. If a non-formulary drug is requested on a wider scale, a formulary application should be made.
The formulary has been arranged alphabetically.
Where brand name prescribing is recommended, these names have also been included.
A traffic light classification has been adopted to advise on prescribing responsibility between specialists and primary care as described below:
- Red – Medicines suitable for use in specialist settings only
- Amber (I) – Specialist initiated but suitable for continuation in primary care. Shared care agreements may exist
- Amber (R) – Specialist recommended
- Green – Suitable for prescribing by all in both primary and secondary care
- Black – Not supported for prescribing in primary or secondary care
Further up to date information can be obtained via the internet links attached to each product. Unlicensed drugs do not hold a marketing authorisation (product licence) in the UK.
SPC = Summary of Product Characteristics (information towards a product license).
- TA = Technology Appraisal
- CG or NG = Clinical Guideline
- HST = Highly Specialised Technologies guidance
- ES = Evidence summary
MHRA = Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency.