23.3.20 Community Vasectomy Service COVID-19 update
The Community Vasectomy Service has updated information with regard to the temporary suspending referrals, and its position and preparations in response to Covid-19:
- GPs are asked not to make any new referrals.
- Solent are in the process of winding down the Community Vasectomy Service with a view to cessation of this none urgent elective surgery like all other elective services in the NHS. NHS England have stated that all non-essential elective activity should cease for 3 months from the 15th April.
- Solent are contacting patients where they have accepted a referral (regardless of assessment or listing) to advise them of the delay. Solent are ringing all patients and we will also be confirming the individual patients position in a letter.
- The position with regard to waiting list will be reviewed weekly and then periodically as the situation with Covid changes and/or continued for a further defined period.
- Advice and a link to family planning guidance will be included in patient letters.
- Referrals within the Solent our system which are ‘new’ and require an assessment will be contacted and informed that their procedure cannot be progressed at this time but that they will be kept on a list and will be re-contact when the Covid crisis has passed and system reverts to normal as per any national guidance.
- If there are specific question we will endeavour to get them answered. If you have any questions please email Sue.Weirzbicki@nhs.net.