Adult audiology/hearing aid services
West Hampshire CCG commission adult audiology/hearing aid services from a range of providers, which are all on the ERS system.
These providers are:
- Specsavers PLC (accept adults from 18 years)
- Scrivens Hearing Centres Ltd (accept adults from 18 years)
- In Health Ltd (accept adults from 16 years)
- Hampshire Hospitals Foundation Trust (accept adults from 18 years)
- The Outside Clinic – providing a service for housebound patients only (criteria applies)
All referrals can go via ers, and patients will be signposted to their GP for assessment and referral if they walk-in to a provider. This is because the GP needs to assess the patient to ensure their ears are clear of wax and the patient does not have any other contraindications.
Patients should be clear of ear wax before being seen by the provider. Guidelines on ear wax self-care can be found: https://www.wessexlmcs.com/earcare Also useful information on https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/earwax-build-up/