30.3.20 South West Hants Community Heart Failure Covid19 Update
Consultant cardiologists will guide and risk assessment and management of community HF cases; and Cardiologists will oversee blood monitoring following changes to diuretics.
- Routine up-titrations will be put on hold until the Covid 19 outbreak is over.
- Stable patients who are mid optimisation will be placed into a virtual waiting. GPs will receive a short letter informing them if that is the case.
- Home visits will only be offered to those patients who cardiologists deem medically necessary.
- GPs will be notified of any medication changes as soon as possible
Community heart failure nurses are able to provide a supply of diuretics to patients at risk of admission, following discussion with a cardiologist.
Primary and community care support
- GPs and Community services can call the HF nurse helpline for advice 02381 203140 or the mobile number of the nurse that covers your surgery. If that nurse is not available they will be redirected to another number. The nurses are able to speak to the HF consultants when required.
- GPs and community services can refer patients who they think are fluid overloaded and at risk of admission with decompensated heart failure. Please make a referral via the electronic referral line firstname.lastname@example.org the patients will be telephone assessed and visited if required. Or call 02381 203140.