3.4.20 CQRS: QOF year end 19/20 – rescheduled extract timetable
NHS Digital and NHS England and Improvement has advised of a change to the year-end collection schedule for QOF 2019/20. TPP, Microtest and Vision are extracting as planned between 1 and 3 April. EMIS have rescheduled the extract window for their practices due to undertaking urgent Covid-19 related work.
Consequently, QOF calculations for all practices will be placed on hold and practices will not be able to view their QOF achievement data until 23 April, as calculations can only take place once the data has been received from all the GP system suppliers. Access to some CQRS reports will be temporarily disabled on 20-21 April 2020, to allow calculations to complete uninterrupted.
However, we do not anticipate a delay to GP practices payments. The changes to year end validation processes for 2019/20, published on the NHS Digital website here, mean that we can process the payment files as planned with achievement payments being made from May 2020.
Aspiration payments in April 2020 will be the same as March 2020 and will be updated from May 2020 if necessary. The list below provides an overview of the amended schedule:
- Extraction window for TPP, Microtest and Vision practices – Wednesday 1 April to Friday 3 April
- Extraction window for EMIS practices – Saturday 18 April and Sunday 19
- Achievement and Aspiration calculations for all practices – Monday 20 April and Tuesday 21
- Analysis work undertaken by NHS Digital to compare 19/20 and 18/19 achievement and identify practices with significant differences in performance to be flagged to commissioners – Wednesday 22 April
- Achievement data available to view in CQRS for all practices and automatic approval of data for practices who have not been flagged to commissioners – Thursday 23 April
- Submission of automatically approved payment files to NHAIS – Friday 24 April.