29.4.20 PPE Supply Routes
As you all know, there is unprecedented demand for PPE at the moment. In the last few days, there have been some minor changes to the process for accessing PPE. Below is the latest position. In all cases, except for NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts (which have a dedicated supply channel, accessible via https://www.ppe-dedicated-supply-channel.co.uk/ or 0800 876 6802), the process is:
1. Contact your usual suppliers or the wholesalers who have agreements with Government to supply PPE. A list of these wholesalers by type of organisation is provided in the table below.
2. If there will be a delay in receiving PPE via these suppliers, contact your Local Resilience Form mutual aid store. This store has limited stock and is intended to help meet urgent, immediate needs (i.e. if you are due to run out in next 24 hours), by providing stock to tide you over until your next delivery.
· In Southampton, you can submit a request online at www.southampton.gov.uk/ppe
· If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or telephone 0870 3156855.
· If you are outside of the Southampton boundary, please contact the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Hub. You can submit a request online at https://bit.ly/PPE-RequestForm-HampshireLRF_v4. Their email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If the local mutual aid store doesn’t have the PPE you need in stock, you should escalate your request to the National Supply Disruption Response (NSDR) hotline. This is staffed 24/7. The numbers for this are 0800 915 9964 or 0191 283 6543. If you call, you will need to provide the following information:
· Name, email and tel. no.
· Name, email and tel. no. of a contact for next 24 hours (e.g. out of hours cover)
· Delivery address, inc. postcode
· Confirmation organisation can receive delivery outside of normal business hours
· Nos. of COVID-19 patients being treated (confirmed and suspected)
· No. of beds in the organisation (if applicable)
· How long your current PPE stock provides cover for
· Which products you are requesting and in what quantity.
|Type of Organisation||Step Two|
|Social Care, community care, homecare, hospices|
Careshop – email@example.com Blueleaf – 03300 552 288, firstname.lastname@example.org Delivernet – 01756 706 050, email@example.com Countrywide Healthcare – 01226 719 090, firstname.lastname@example.org Nexon Group – 0800 333 5006, Covidemail@example.com Wightman and Parrish – 01323 445 001, www.w-p.co.uk/ Gompels – www.gompels.co.uk
|Primary care|| |
DCC Vital (Williams Medical Supplies) – 01685 846 666, firstname.lastname@example.org Phoenix 0844 736 2287, www.phoenixmedical.co.uk
Alliance/ NWOP – 0330 100 0448, Customerservice@alliance-healthcare.co.uk Mckesson / AAH Pharma – 0344 561 8899, www.aah.co.uk Phoenix – 0844 736 2287, www.phoenixmedical.co.uk
HenrySchein – 0800 023 2558, email@example.com DD Group – 0800 585 586, firstname.lastname@example.org Wright Health Group – 01382 834 557, email@example.com Trycare Ltd – 01274 885544, Mark.Hackin@trycare.co.uk
When using PPE, it is really important that it is put on and taken off correctly. Making sure you and/or your staff do this will help to keep everyone safe. Please read the guidance on this. Public Health England have also produced some videos explaining how to use PPE safely.