24.2.20 Advocacy referrals during the coronavirus pandemic
Health and social care professionals’ legal duties to refer eligible people for advocacy still apply during the coronavirus pandemic
From 1 April 2020, VoiceAbility are the new provider of Hampshire’s advocacy services. Referrals are through their national single point of contact – by phone, email or online.
Full details of the advocacy services can be found on VoiceAbility’s website (see below):
VoiceAbility Contact Details:
Telephone: 0300 303 1660
From 1 April 2020 VoiceAbility will offer the following advocacy services:
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA) including Young People’s Advocacy (12-18)
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA) including Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS – once implemented) and Paid Representatives
- Care Act Advocacy (including into Winchester Prison) & advocacy for safeguarding adults proceedings.
- NHS Complaints Advocacy (including in Winchester Prison)
- Advocacy for Looked After Children
- Non-Statutory Advocacy (for Adults) including General Mental Health Advocacy.
Advocacy Resources Link: